Uff “spotify can’t play current song” lets fix this issue. Listening to music is one of the favorite activities of people around the world. It doesn’t matter how old are you, there will be some songs that you will love listening to. These days people don’t download songs to listen to them offline, but they prefer using online music streaming services like Spotify for listening to music without downloading and also sites like Omegle. Billions of people are using online streaming services for listening to music and there are tons of streaming apps and websites available too. The most popular among them is Spotify which is currently being used by more than 200 million people around the world. If you have never tried Spotify for online music streaming then you should give this service a try.
Well, despite being the most popular music streaming service, Spotify users face some issues with it often. One of them is “Spotify Can’t Play Current Song” error and it is the most common problem among Spotify users all around the world. There are different reasons for this problem but it can be solved easily by the users themselves. You don’t need technical knowledge to fix this and other issues related to Spotify as most of them are caused by third-party apps or services. Spotify’s in-built services and options can cause this issue as well. It doesn’t matter what is causing this problem, solving it is very easy and if you are looking for something like this, then you have landed on the correct page.
Here in this post, we will tell you everything about the errors related to Spotify can’t play songs and will provide you multiple solutions to fix this problem. Remember that the solution that will work for you depends on the issue you are facing with the Spotify. Sometimes it can be because Spotify errors and a lot of people got this problem fixed automatically because Spotify servers started responding again. So the first thing, you can do is wait for a few minutes and try playing the song again. If it starts playing then your problem has been fixed as it could be due to Spotify server errors. Though if you are not able to fix the problem, then you can follow the methods mentioned below to solve it.
- Also Read About: How To Get Free Robux
Causes of Spotify Can’t Play Current Songs Problem
Before we tell you about the solutions to fix Spotify can’t play songs right now error, you must know about the settings, programs or options that are causing this problem. In case you are wondering that this issue might be of the Spotify’s server, then you are not wrong. But most of the time this problem is caused by the settings of your system and mainly on the Spotify PC app rather than Spotify app for mobile devices. Below we have mentioned some of the main causes of this problem and you can just have a look at them to find out the culprit behind Spotify’s error you are getting.
- Faulty hardware.
- Issues with the Spotify program.
- Unavailability of the song user trying to play.
- Cache and Data usage by the Spotify app.
- A change in the subscription level of Spotify.
and many more.
How To Fix: Spotify Can’t Play Current Song or Track Error?
Restart Spotify or Log-In Again
The first thing that you can do to fix Spotify can’t play songs error is to logout and log-in again in the app. This problem occurs mostly on the desktop app of Spotify and a majority of the users were able to fix it by logging in again to the app. It is very simple to do that and if you don’t know how to re-login in the Spotify app then you can follow the steps mentioned below. We have also included images so that you can understand the process better. When you are ready, just start following the steps mentioned below to fix Spotify can’t play songs error on your PC.
- First of all, open the Spotify app.
- Now click on the Down Arrow.
- Simply, click on the Logout option.
- Automatically you will be asked to sign-in again.
- Just enter your login credentials and login to the app.
- Try playing the song again that was causing the problem to see if it is fixed or not.
Disable Hardware Acceleration
Hardware Acceleration is a process where a program will enable or disable the hardware components mechanism to increase the efficiency of certain programs. This option is not available for every app that you run but some apps come with this setting. Spotify comes with such option that allows you to enable or disable the hardware acceleration of your system to make it work smoothly. If you are facing the Spotify can’t play current song error on Windows, then you can disable this setting to see if it is causing this issue. Just follow the steps mentioned below to disable Hardware Acceleration in the Spotify app.
- First of all, open Spotify Settings by clicking on the Down Arrow button on the top bar.
- Now scroll down and click on Show Advanced Settings button.
- Scroll down and find Compatibility Settings.
- Under it, you will find an option named “Enable Hardware Acceleration”.
- If this option is enabled in your app, then you will have to toggle the button to Turn It Off.
- Once you have turned it off, restart the Spotify app to see if your Spotify can’t play songs problem has been fixed or not.
Crossfading is an option in Spotify that can cause this issue. Well, this isn’t the case only with Spotify but a lot of music and video players have cross-fade options in them. Though most of the times it comes disabled but if you are not sure about its status in your Spotify app, then you can just head over to the Spotify settings to turn it off. Well, if it is already off in your system, then you can turn it on. So it depends on your Spotify settings that you have to turn it on or off. Here we have shared the steps to turn Spotify crossfading feature off and you can follow the same steps to turn it on as well.
- Open Spotify Settings from the top bar Down Arrow button.
- Scroll down and click on the Show Advanced Settings button.
- Now scroll down to Playback settings.
- Change the adjustment bar to 0 Seconds.
- Restart the Spotify app and try playing the songs again.
- If this option is already off in your Spotify app, then you can toggle the button to turn it on.
Also Read About: How To Reset Trial Period of Any Software
Clear Spotify Offline Song Cache
If you are using then Spotify app on your PC for a long time, then there are chances that the app has stored a lot of caches to work faster. Every app that you use either on mobile or PC stores cache so that elements can load faster. When Spotify can’t play the current song error pop-ups on the screen then the Spotify cache can be a problem behind this. If you are using any third-party cleaner app like CCleaner then you can use it to remove the cache or leftovers easily without doing much manually. If not, then you can follow the steps mentioned below to fix this issue manually by clearing the Spotify cache.
- First of all, open the Spotify app and click on Down Arrow from the top bar.
- Now select Settings from it and wait for the new window to load.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Show Advanced Settings button.
- Some more settings will get displayed on your screen.
- Find Offline Songs Storage option and copy the location mentioned there as you will have to navigate to that location.
- Now select every File and Folder of that location and Delete it.
- Restart your Spotify app and check if the problem is fixed or not.
NOTE: AppData folder will not be visible in the Spotify cache folder so you will have to enable the option to Show Hidden Items from the View tab of File Explorer.
Re-Install Spotify App [If Nothing Worked]
Well, if nothing mentioned above has worked for you, then you can reinstall the Spotify app on your PC to make it work again. Remember that Uninstalling and Reinstalling the app from Control Panel is not what you need to do. There are always some leftovers that need to be removed manually. You can either use some uninstaller tools like Revo Uninstaller or do that manually by following the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, open Control Panel.
- Navigate to Programs and uninstall Spotify.
- Now navigate to the path mentioned below and delete all the files and folders from it.
C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\Spotify\Users\ (replace %Username% with your username)
- Now restart your system and download the latest version Spotify app for PC using the below link.
- Install the app, log in with your account and try playing the song again that was getting you the error.
We have shared some of the best Spotify can’t play songs right now error solutions and we hope you can fix this problem by following them. It depends on the reason why Spotify is not able to play the songs that which solution will work for your system. We will recommend you to try each one of them and try playing the songs after each method to know if the problem is fixed or not. If you are still not able to solve this issue then you can let us know about it so we can list down some more Spotify can’t play the current song right now solutions in this post to get the problem solved for you.