Watching movies and TV shows online is not a hard thing to do these days. With so many apps and services available out there like Netflix, Hotstar, Hulu, Crackle, etc. you can always do the streaming whenever you want. This is a digital era and nowadays you can buy different kind devices for streaming. One of the most popular and widely used streaming devices around the world is Amazon FireStick. This device looks like a regular USB storage device, but it’s not. Amazon FireTV Stick is a portable media streaming device which gets plugged into the HDMI port and allows users to do a lot of work on their Smart TV. By using FireTV Stick you can easily stream content from the web on your Smart TVs without downloading anything.
There are different kind of Amazon Fire TV devices available out ranging from $40 to $230, each having different features. All of these devices are good and can be bought according to the user needs. One thing common among all is the availability of streaming services. You will be able to get the same content and streaming sources on all of the FireStick devices. For a novice user, it can be pretty difficult to use these devices as they come with some advanced features. If you are thinking to buy an Amazon FireStick device, or already bought one and thinking how does it actually work, then we are here to help.
- Also Read: How To Install Kodi On FireStick
Here in this post, we are going to tell about how to set up FireStick for the first time along with a detailed guide about how to use FireStick. Though an instructional manual comes with the device, it just has general instructions with the visuals. You can follow the steps mentioned below for the Amazon Fire Stick account setup.
You will also get to know about how to set up FireStick without remote and how to connect Amazon FireStick to WiFi below in this post. Do note that we have added the screenshots of Amazon FireTV Stick below but the process remains the same for all. It doesn’t matter what kind of Amazon Fire device you own, you can always follow the steps mentioned below to get to know about how to use Amazon FireStick.
- 1 What Is Amazon FireStick?
- 2 How To Set Up Amazon FireStick | Fire TV Setup Guide
- 3 How To Use FireStick For The First Time?
What Is Amazon FireStick?
Amazon Fire TV is basically a digital media player device which delivers digital audio/video content on Smart TV. By using the internet you can enjoy watching movies, TV shows, cartoons, documentaries, and whatnot. FireStick is compatible with many networks like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, YouTube, Spotify and many more.
The list doesn’t end here as you can also jailbreak FireTV Stick and enable many other features of it. We have already posted about how to jailbreak Amazon FireStick and after doing it, you can install VPN apps for FireStick to access blocked content. You can read more about Amazon Fire TV devices on its official page.
Amazon Fire Stick Setup Instructions
Before moving on to the steps you need to follow to setup FireStick you must know about the things you will need. In the package, you will get many components which are required to setup FireStick on TV, but there are many other additional things you will need to make it work properly. Here are the things you must get before starting the FireStick setup process.
- A Compatible TV – The first thing you will need to use FireStick is SmartTV with HDMI port. Most of the HD and UHD TVs these days come with an HDMI port so you don’t have to worry about it. Just to be sure, do check the side of your TV to know where exactly the HDMI port is.
- Internet Connection – To setup FireStick the second thing which you will need is an active internet connection. While setting up your FireStick you will need to connect your TV with a WiFi so everything can be downloaded and updated to the latest version.
- Amazon Account – As we all know FireStick is an Amazon product and it runs with an Amazon account. It doesn’t matter if you have a normal Amazon account or Prime one, both will work with FireStick. Though if you have Amazon Prime account then you can get some extra features.
- Amazon FireStick – The last and obvious thing you will need is Amazon FireStick device itself. There are a different kind of Fire TV devices available, and you can use any of them according to your needs. There is no method available to use FireStick without Amazon account.
How To Set Up Amazon FireStick | Fire TV Setup Guide
Setting Up Everything
First of all, unbox all of the contents of the box and insert the two AAA batteries into the remote and turn it on. Make sure your TV is also on. You don’t necessarily have to open any channel or something else. Just turn it on and switch the mode to HDMI.
Attach FireStick To HDMI Port
Plug in the FireStick device using the cable into a power socket. Next step is to connect your Amazon FireStick device to the HDMI port of your television. If you don’t know where exactly it is located, then check the backside or sides of your TV. If the device can’t reach the HDMI port and power socket together, then use an HDMI extender.
NOTE: Never use the TV’s USB port as a power source for the FireStick device. Always use a power socket to make the device work properly.
Connect Your Remote
As soon as you will turn your FireStick or FireTV on, then it will detect the remote automatically. If not, then you will have to do that manually. Press the Home Button and wait for the FireStick to detect the remote. Even if it is not able to recognize, then you can try troubleshooting it.
Add WiFi To The Device
Once your remote is paired with the FireStick, you will have to press the Play button to begin the setup process. On the next screen, select your preferred language. Once done, a list of all available WiFi networks will be displayed on your screen.
Connect to a WiFi network and enter your SSID and password.
Register Using Amazon Account
- Next step is to connect Amazon Account with FireStick to make it work. If you already have an Amazon Account then click on “I already have an Amazon account” and if you are new to Amazon then click on “I am new to Amazon”.
- Once done, click on Continue. It will ask you whether you want to save the WiFi password on Amazon or not?
- You can select Yes if you want different Amazon accounts to connect easily. You can also enable or disable this feature from Settings > Network > Wi-Fi Passwords.
How To Use FireStick For The First Time?
- On the next screen, you will be asked to enable Parental Controls or not. By doing this you can set a PIN which needs to be entered before doing anything like playing content, purchasing digital content or launching apps.
- By using your FireStick remote’s power and volume buttons, select the brand of your TV.
- Now adjust the volume of your device using and buttons on your device. Click Yes when you’ve selected an ideal volume level.
- An introduction video will be played on your screen telling you about how you use FireStick or Fire TV device.
- If you don’t want to see it, then click on on your remote.
- Now you can start installing streaming apps like Netflix, Crackle, Spotify, etc. If you are thinking to jailbreak your device then click on No Thanks.
FAQs Related To FireStick Setup Instructions
How To Use A Jailbroken FireStick
Jailbroken FireStick is no different from an unbroken one and both works the same. The only difference is that by using the jailbroken FireStick you will be able to install apps from third-party sources. You don’t have to be an expert in technology to jailbreak a FireStick. We have also shared a detailed guide on how to jailbreak FireStick without any additional tools.
How To Use Kodi On FireStick
Kodi is one of the best FireStick add-ons which you can use to get some extra advanced features. This particular addon has so many features which will turn your FireStick into a complete entertainment stop. Kodi can be installed on every Fire TV device and you can use it to install apps from third-party sources on your devices. Apart from this, there are many Kodi add-ons available which can increase the working efficiency of your FireStick Kodi.
So this is all about how to use FireStick and we hope now you know about how to setup Amazon FireStick easily. Do note that many people are searching for Amazon Fire Stick registration bypass tricks but you can’t really do it if you want to use Amazon FireStick 2020. You will have to follow the steps mentioned above to setup FireStick and use it on your SmartTV.
If you are searching for how to use FireStick on a computer then keep visiting FireStickHub.com to know about it. We have already posted about a detailed guide on how to setup VPN on FireStick so you can access blocked content without any problems. If you are facing any Amazon Fire Stick setup problems then let us know about it via comments below.