Windows is definitely one of the best and most popular operating systems around the world, we all know that. The flexibility of this OS makes it stand out from the crowd just like the area code 833. You can just customize Windows OS according to your needs and download almost all types of software and tools for it. A majority of the computer users are using Windows and you too might be using it. Well, just because Windows is more flexible than other similar OS, it comes with some issues as well. There are different types of errors in Windows that make it unusable most of the time. It depends on a user what kind if issue he is getting and most of the time the issue can be solved by the user itself by diagnosing the problem.
One common error among Windows users is WHEA Uncorrectable Error which is a form of a blue screen of death error. A lot of users are facing this issue and it is very common among the Windows 10 users. Well, there are many types of BSOD errors out there and each of them is caused because of different reasons. It is very important to find out the type of blue screen of death error you are getting before applying a fix to it. Each error has its own fixes available and if you are getting WHEA Uncorrectable Error stop code error in Windows 10, 8.1, or 7 then you can fix it easily yourself as it is a very small error.
Here in this post, we are going to tell you everything about WHEA Uncorrectable Error and will tell you how to fix WHEA Uncorrectable Error in Windows 10/8.1/7 yourself. This error appears mostly while using Windows and if you are thinking it is associated with a specific program then you are wrong. As we said above, there are many reasons for each Blue Screen of Death errors in Windows, and the same goes for WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. Below you will find information about this error along with the best methods to fix WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR in Windows 10/8.1/7 yourself. So, let’s get started.
What Is WHEA Uncorrectable Error?
Before you apply a fix to Windows WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR you must know the reason behind it. This WHEA Uncorrectable Error in Windows is also known as Windows stop code 0x0000124 and you can search about it on the internet or on Microsoft Forums to know what it exactly is. The full form of WHEA is Windows Hardware Error Architecture and now you can easily identify that this error is associated with the failure of hardware connected to your Windows device. Well, sometimes it is not the hardware but some internal programs that can create issues with the hardware connected to your device. So don’t forget to check if everything is working fine before fixing your hardware.
- Also Read About: What Is IDP.Generic Virus
Causes of WHEA Uncorrectable Error In Windows 10/8.1/7
Since this issue is related to the hardware, there can be some software too that might be causing this issue. Before you move to the section of fixes available for this error, don’t forget to read the causes of Windows stop code 0x0000124 or WHEA Uncorrectable Error mentioned below. We have listed down only some of the most common causes and it depends on the user what type of hardware or software is giving him this error. So if you want to know about the Windows stop code 0x0000124 causes, then you can read them below.
- Faulty hardware or processor.
- Low voltage or overheating of the CPU.
- Driver issues of hardware connected to the system.
- MBR or system file error.
- Corrupt registry entries.
and many more.
How To Fix WHEA Uncorrectable Error [METHODS]
Run CHKDSK Command
The first thing you can do to fix WHEA Uncorrectable Error in any version of the Windows is running the CHKDSK command using the Command Prompt. There is no need to remove or re-attach the hardware because chkdsk command will let you solve basic issues with the disks on your system. Not only the error 0x0000124 can be fixed with this command but you can run the CHKDSK command to fix a lot of other Windows-related issues yourself. To solve error 0x0000124 in Windows using CHKDSK command, just start following the steps mentioned below.
- First of all, press Windows Key or click on the Start Button.
- Type CMD or Command Prompt in it.
- Right-click on CMD and click Run As Administrator.
- Type “CHKDSK” (without quotes) and press Enter.
- The command will start running in the CMD window.
- Let it finish and once it is done, your 0x0000124 error might get fixed.
Start PC In Safe Mode & Update Drivers
Safe Mode is one of the best modes to use a system when you are having issues with it. Safe mode basically, disables all of the unnecessary features and graphic options that might cause an issue on a device. Your system will run with all the basic features that can help you in fixing most of the problems. When you are not able to boot into normal Windows, even then you can boot to Safe Mode with Command Prompt or Networking to fix the issues. Here is how you can boot into Safe Mode to fix WHEA Uncorrectable Error in Windows.
- First of all, restart your PC and press F8 on boot.
- Sometimes you can press SHIFT + F8 to boot into safe mode.
- A couple of options will get displayed on your screen.
- Select Safe Mode from the list and wait for the system to load.
- When your system is started, right-click on the Start Button.
- Click on the Device Manager. You can also use the search box to look at Device Manager.
- Start updating the drivers of your hardware one by one.
- Once you’ve updated all drivers, restart your PC in normal mode.
Check if you are still getting 0x0000124 error or not. Normally the WHEA Uncorrectable problem will be fixed with it. If not, then you can download driver updater tools like iobit Driver Booster or TweakBit’s Driver Updater to update all drivers of your system. This will solve all of the driver-related issues automatically. Don’t forget to restart your PC after updating your drivers to make them work.
- Also Read: How To Remove Bytefence Virus
Disable Additional Audio Devices
Well, if you are using an audio device on your system, then there are chances that the device is the reason behind the WHEA Uncorrectable Windows error. If you are not able to fix error 0x0000124 by following the methods mentioned above, then you can disable the audio devices of your system to see if they are causing the problem. It doesn’t matter if it is a wired audio device or a wireless one because both of them can cause this issue. So we will recommend you to remove both of them in order to fix 0x0000124 Windows error. Here is how you can remove additional audio devices from a Windows device.
- If you are using Windows 10 or 8.1, then press Windows Key + S and type Sound.
- You can also open the Control Panel and click on Hardware and Sound.
- Now click on Sound and a pop-up will appear on your screen.
- In the Playback tab, Right-Click on each device and tap Disable.
- Do the same for all devices in the Recording tab as well.
- Once done, click on Apply to save changes.
For further settings, you can open the Device Manager by pressing Windows Key + X. Scroll down and open Audio Inputs and Outputs. Right-Click on each device and click on Disable Device. If you get any pop-up, then click on Yes to save the settings. Now restart your device to check if WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error has been solved or not.
Try Windows Memory Diagnostics
Windows Memory Diagnostics is a simple to use program that allows you to diagnose and fix problems related to the memory (RAM). If you are facing WHEA Uncorrectable Error then you can try running this tool in your PC to let it find and fix problems automatically. This tool comes pre-installed in all of the Windows versions so it doesn’t matter which version of the Windows you are using, you can use this tool to solve 0x0000124 error. Below we have mentioned the steps to follow to use this tool.
- First of all press Windows Key + S to open the search box.
- Type “Windows Memory Diagnostic” without quotes and press Enter.
- The diagnostic tool will start running automatically.
- Wait for the process to finish.
Most of the time, your errors will be fixed automatically but if the tool stops automatically, then you must replace your memory.
Uninstall Problematic Windows Update
If you have updated your Windows recently and started getting this error then your Windows might not be able to install the updates successfully. You can just uninstall the recently installed updates to see if they are causing the WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error. If none of the above-mentioned ways were able to fix this problem for you, then the issue is definitely with the Windows update. You can visit the Control Panel to see and uninstall the Windows update and below we have mentioned the steps to do it on Windows 10. The steps are very similar to other versions of Windows too.
- First of all, press Windows Key + I to open the Settings App.
- Click on the Update and Security section.
- On the left side, click on the Windows Update.
- On the right side, find and click on Update History under Update Status.
- Click on Uninstall Updates under Update History.
- A list of installed Windows will appear on your screen.
- Double-Click on the most recent Windows update to uninstall it.
- Do this till you find the corrupt or the update that was causing the issue.
So this is all about Windows stop code 0x0000124 or WHEA Uncorrectable Error in Windows and we hope you are able to fix this issue by following the methods mentioned above. There might be more ways to fix this issue but we will recommend you to try only the methods mentioned above and not use any type of third-party software as it can create issues with the system. If you know about any other Windows stop code 0x0000124 fix, then you can let us know about it via the comments below so we can include that to this list. keep visiting this page to find out more methods to fix Windows WHEA Uncorrectable Error.